Call Us: +1.248.266.4396

Best of Detroit / Michigan Raffle

Online Raffle

Who you see to the left is our baby girl Bugaboo. She was the best dog in the world and we lost her at the young age of 7 years old.

Bugaboo was diagnosed with canine lymphoma, stage 3, at 4 years old and we were told we had between 6-12 months left with her, canine lymphoma has no cure, all you can do is treat it and hope for the best.

We, as a family, opted for Chemotherapy for Buggy, all of us agreeing that if she ever began to suffer or be in pain we would do what was right for her.

Through the incredible work of the oncologists and techs at Oakland Veterinary Referral Services our baby Bugaboo did NOT last 6 months, she lasted 39 more months. Time that was much needed to adjust to the fact that no matter what we would lose her.


We loved on her, we spoiled her, we took her on adventures, she got to eat all the cheeseburgers she wanted and have all the treats she could eat. She taught us love, loyalty, bravery, strength, to never give up and patience of a saint. During her 3 and a half years of treatment she never once growled, barked or even sneered at anyone, not us, not strangers, not the staff who gave her her treatments, she was the sweetest dog in the world and we are all better people for knowing her.


Shortly before Bugaboo passed my mother decided to do something to help others in our situation and to always keep Bugaboos legacy and name alive no matter what. During her treatment,  OVRS gave us 3 grants through The Emergency Animal Relief Fund to help offset some of the costs of her treatment. Because of that generosity and the ENTIRE AMAZING staff at OVRS my mother decided to give back, so we started The Best of Detroit / Michigan Raffle.


Over the past 7 years we have become more involved than ever in fundraising for TEAR in many many ways. I am at the helm of most of the fundraising and doing so has given me purpose and an incredible need to continue to help those who have little or no voice. This is my life purpose.


Knowing Bugaboo and having her in our life made all who knew her better people, I want that to live on as long as I am here.


Not ALL that we do benefits TEAR, about 98% of it does, the other 2% helps others who have little to no voice.


Having Bugaboo in my life made me the person I am today and I hope you will join us in our journey and along the way find your voice to help those in your path.


                                                                                                     

Dawn Myers